Wednesday 13 September 2017

The man in the fantasy 2

Hey Hey, sorry for the break in transmission, but that meeting was urgent…..
Anyway…… soon after our date, we had just settled in and was trying to enjoy a nice meal, yes, another meal hahaha…. the love of a perfectly peppered chicken. I could taste all the spices in each bite, I felt his eyes burning through me as he stared. He loved how I ate and always referred me to a baby, then I observed he wasn’t eating, his legs were shaking, hold on; he only does that when he’s nervous, but he looked scared as if there was a lot on his mind but he didn’t know how to say it or was he sick…. 
Then all so sudden I felt the room go cold. I always trust my gut and this time it sounded really sad, all didn’t seem well, what was going on… I finally spoke up. "D" what’s wrong? Yeah, his name was derrick but I called him "D". I didn’t get any response which scared me more. 
What could be wrong? I get panic attacks very quickly, I could already imagine a million things that could be wrong, is he breaking up with me; is he sick; did he lose someone; or did I lose someone and he didn’t know how to tell me;… what is wrong? This suspense was too much, but we were outside and I hate public shows, I had to contain myself and fears… this time I held his hand and repeated myself “D" please talk to me, you know we never hide anything from each other. He smiles and I feel a bit better, but my gut still hits me up. Finally, he speaks ‘’ am having a baby’’ I could swear I heard wrongly, please this should be the prank of the year… was I pregnant and I didn’t know or is he adopting one… there had to be another reason, a logical one at that, to explain what he meant because I sure as hell wasn’t pregnant… I tried to speak but couldn’t muster up words or a sound…. 
I felt really cold and alone, I could hear his words of promises of how we would be together forever or how our family would turn out to be, names for our children we picked, how could he have cheated on me?…. How? We spent most times together day and nights, when we were apart, we spoke or chatted each other… I felt a tug on my arm, he was sitting right in front of me. I think he said he was sorry, but what he was sorry for I couldn’t understand, was it for wasting my time? Making a mockery of me in front of our families? I felt myself stand and move, where I was going I didn’t know, I just wanted to be alone…….

To be continued. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice write up dear, in reality someone very close to me happen to be a victim of such. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete