Thursday 14 December 2017

MONSTER IN-LAW 3

I still could't tell why mama wasn't satisfied with anything i did. To back it all up she wasn't even trying to correct me or teach me how to do it better, so at least i could improve, what could i do? i want a close knitted family, i want us to be so close that people can't tell whose biological mother she was or did i want so much, wasn't it possible?.

Ben hadn't still arrived and mama was in the sitting room watching a movie all in a bid to keep awake to welcome him, on second thought he was usually home by 6:30 pm, latest 7 pm. I checked my time and it was past 9 pm, ooh lord, time was far gone, i felt cold all so sudden, i hope he was alright, i quickly reached for my phone and started dialing him, it kept ringing but he didn't pick up, i became more anxious and couldn't keep it to myself.
Image result for mother-inlaw
I rushed to the sitting room and told mama what i had just realized and my fears as he wasn't picking up, i could see the concern in her eyes, "what do you mean he's not picking" she replied reaching for her phoned to dial him but she got no response too, "my son ooh" she screamed. I saw a different side of her, she looked torn apart, i didn't know when i stretched out to hold her promising her he was just fine, at least i hoped he was, he was never the keeping out late type but whenever he had to, he always sent a message or better still a call, all these made my fear worse.

Paul also confirmed Ben had left the office for home and couldn't remember him mentioning any other plans. this was the fifth colleague i had called and none seemed to know his whereabouts and i sincerely did not know how to feel about this, mama on the other hand who was strong catholic had started serious prayers, and sincerely hoped it worked, i wasn't ready to be a widow....God forbid!!

Mama and i couldn't bat an eyelid as we watched out for every car or sound that could be our Ben; "ggrrrr, ggrrrr" went my phone, breaking the silence in the room and had me running to it, "let it be my son" mama cried out, indeed it was him, "babby!!" i yelled, i couldn't hold back the emotions i felt, "where are you, are you ok" i asked but the voice on the other end wasn't his, "good evening ma'am, this is, Dr Jon is this Mrs Daniel" oohh my lawd i could swear the world stopped for a moment, what had happened ooh no my fears can't be real, what has happened to my baby? i couldn't find words for a moment, "helo heloo" i had to respond i had to be strong for i and mama, where is your hospital i replied, reaching for my car keys.

The wait in the visitors hall was quite a long one, i realized everyone of us waiting had either fear or grief or hurt or relief on their faces depending on what situation had them waiting; "Mrs Daniel" i jumped up to my feet of course mine was fear of the unknown, mama still held on me tight not wanting me to leave her side, i felt accepted by her in the last few hour.
Image result for mother-inlaw
The joy and relief i felt had no bound, he was involved in an accident and sustained an injury which was not so deep but needed stitching and dressing, but he was fine, he was alive, he was still with me, i realized i was choking him with my hugs and kisses but please he had me all shades of worries, ooh my mama was still waiting, i quickly rushed to get her to his ward, her joy knew no bounds, she was dancing and singing all to the glory of God.
We both decided to sleep in the hospital by his side and just then we all realized we were starving so ordered Chinese, mama was no longer on my case somehow we got bonded by our pain... hahaha who knew it could be so  

No comments:

Post a Comment